There are several settings that you can set to log messages to a log file for Catalina’s API for Dynamics SL.
Look in your web.config (normally in c:\inetpub\xctFiles\web\ctDynamicsSL or c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ctDynamicsSL — but could be located in a different location based on your installation). There will be 3 variables that are important:
<!--def:DEBUGMODE: TRUE/FALSE default:FALSE--> <add key="DEBUGMODE" value="TRUE" /> <add key="DEBUGLEVEL" value="VERBOSE" /><!--BASIC,VERBOSE--> <!--def:ERRORLOGFILE: full path to the txt file to writeout error and status messages--> <add key="ERRORLOGFILE" value="C:\\inetpub\\xctFiles\\errorLogs\\DSLerrorLogFile.txt"/>
- DEBUGMODE: There are 2 different settings for this
- TRUE if you want to have messages saved to a logfile.
- FALSE if you don’t want to have messages saved to a logfile. Normally DEBUGMODE would be set to FALSE for performance reasons.
- DEBUGLEVEL: There are 2 different levels that you can set
- VERBOSE: This will save extra information to the logfile. This will create a larger file but will store more information about what is going on in the service.
- BASIC: This generally stores just errors and less information
- ERRORLOGFILE: This is the location of the logfile. NOTE: You need to make sure you “escape” this value. So, when you have a backslash (\), make sure you do 2 backslashes (\\) so that it wont create an invalid XML string.