Below are some simple plans on how we build our tower structures for our back-yard hydroponics. We have 2 of these. This is the smaller one.
- The structure is constructed of 2×4 lumber
- It uses a 6′ fence post for hanging the towers from
- We also are using a plastic tub (purchased from Target) for the water reservoir
- The towers drain into a vinyl rain gutter which has a downspout in the middle, over the reservoir
- We are using 2” flexible tubing that carries the water pushed from the pump, up the structure and is then zip-tied under the length of the 6’ fence post. Note, you will need to make sure that the end (not attached to the pump) is crimped closed Link to tubing on Amazon
- Use an ice pick to poke a hole in the ½” tubing to where you want your ¼” tube to drip down into your towers