SMS Central for communication between Dynamics SL and your field service and sales
There are many times where someone out in the field doesn’t have access to a field service app. Or doesn’t need one. SMS is one of the easiest ways for relaying information.
Catalina Technology’s SMS Central now automates communication between systems like help desks, dispatch, CRM, service, and others by giving two-way communication between the technician or sales guy, in the field, and your back-office system.
This means that you can send dispatch SMS notifications and the person receiving those SMS messages can then respond to them by simply replying to the text message. SMS Central will update the back-office system based on the mobile user’s SMS reply. All without any special app.
1. Create a service call in your dispatch or other system
- Create a service call, sales opportunity, customer service case, etc. in your back-office system system like you always do.
- Assign it to one or more people.
- SMS Central will automatically pick this up, from your system, and send as an SMS Text Message to the assigned people.
2. SMS Central then automatically sends an SMS message, from your back-office system, to the assigned person
- Send to any phone with SMS (even including old flip phones).
- Can be done hands free with Siri, Cortana, or Google Assistant to do voice response of texts!
- Customize the messages that are sent out.
- Your field personnel can actually respond to the SMS message with customizable acceptable responses like “Yes”, “No”, “In route”, “can’t make it”, or any other response you want.
- If the person doesn’t respond to the message, SMS central has routing and escalation capability to send to others.
- Responses can even include pictures, files, video, GPS coordinates, or other attachments. SMS Central will save this for you.
3. SMS Replies are automatically routed back to your system!
- Your system is automatically updated based on the response that was sent back.
- Any additional replies to this SMS text thread will be logged as notes or history in your system.
- Attachments such as pictures, files, video, voice, and GPS coordinates will be stored and tied to the service call.